…from the quill of Antisthenes the Younger
As the Multi-culti Mafia never ceases to tell us, all cultures equal, except, of course, the white man’s culture, which is despicable. Those who beg to differ, are racists or islamophobes or both.
That multiculturalism is a cloak for a power grab, and has nothing to do with culture. It has its roots in babblings of “vain, hypersensitive and paranoid” Jean-Jacques Rousseau. “Before Rousseau savagery was obviously and unarguably ignoble, and tribal life was regarded in most places with horror. It was where you found despotic chiefs, absurd beliefs, revolting cruelty, appalling poverty, horrifying diseases, and homicidal religious fanatics. After Rousseau, among progressive thinkers, all this had gone. No Big Ditch separated the civilized from the primitive. Savagery was noble, the tribal world was morally transfigured, and the savage himself had been redeemed.” *
In the Republic of Yemen, made even more democratic by the 2010 Arab Spring, the literacy is almost 64%. Its population is not entirely Sunni, only 55%, The remaining 45% are Shia.
An eight-year-old child bride, identified only as Rawan, has died in the tribal area of Hardh in north-western Yemen, which borders Saudi Arabia, of internal bleeding sustained during her wedding night after being forced to marry a man five times her age.
As one would expect, our media remained mostly silent. I first noticed the news on a Spanish foreign language news service and two or three days later on BBC. A week thereafter The Herald Sun (an Australian tabloid) carried the item, but that only when a redeeming feature was found – a Yemeni minister said that this time definitely something will be done about it.
Naturally the feminists are silent, since no white man was involved. If only the bridegroom was at least a catholic…
There do not seem to be any four star hotels in the north-western Yemen, otherwise our social workers would rush there to help the man to get over his wedding night trauma and the debilitating sorrow of losing his property. Hopefully the human rights lawyers will help him to recover the bride price – she obviously was not fit for the intended purpose.
There are currently some 57.5 million child brides across the world, 40 per cent of which married in India.
Forty-six per cent of women in India were married before the age of 18, according to the National Family Health Survey-3.
Meanwhile, in Africa, 42 per cent of girls were married before turning 18 compared to 29 per cent in Latin America and the Caribbean.
But the number of child brides is estimated to rise to 140 million by 2020 if current trends continue, 18.5 million of which will be under 15 years old, analysts warn. – – – And girls younger than 15 are also five times more likely to die in childbirth than women in their 20s. – – -In September 2010, a 12-year-old Yemeni child-bride died after struggling for three days in labour to give birth, a local human rights organisation said. – – –
More than a quarter of Yemen’s females marry before age 15, according to a report in 2010 by the Social Affairs Ministry.
Tribal custom also plays a role, including the belief that a young bride can be shaped into an obedient wife, bear more children and be kept away from temptation.
Yemen once set 15 as the minimum age for marriage, but parliament annulled that law in the 1990s, saying parents should decide when a daughter marries. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415871/Yemeni-child-bride-8-dies-internal-injuries-night-forced-marriage-groom-40.html#ixzz2eqs48GjL
Wikipedia: “Yemen is a culturally rich country with influence from many civilizations.” If only!
*/Roger Sandall – Enter the Noble Savage